10 Interesting Facts About Hardwood Flooring
Here are some interesting dacts about solid wood Flooring
1. The Janka hardness test measures the force required to embed a.444 inch steel ball to half its diameter in wood. The heigher the number the harder the wood is.
2. 90% of real estate agencies in London claim that homes with wood floors sell faster and for more money.
3. in 1916 Clarke American Sanders built the first recorded mechanical sanding machine for sanding bar tops.
4. in 1926, the young American inventor, art Emmons, created the portable electric belt floor sander. Perviously, floors were scraped manually by dragging scraper blades across the floor
5. Sloid 3/4-inch bpards can be refinished up to 10 times.
6. Some pre-finished solid-wood boards come with a 50-year warranty. With regular care, any solid-wood floor can easily last twice that long.
7. Longer Strips mean fewer distracting end joints. To make a small room appear bigger, use shorter strips.
8. The Harder the wood, the less prone it is to dent and gauges.
9. There are about 100 times as many hardwood species than there are softwoods along with a variety of types, styles and finishes.
10. Wood like oak, ash and maple tend to turn yelow on exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sunlight, whereas, antique floors turn lighter in color, Cherry walnut and kempas turn darker
We have latest flooring designs and trends of hardwood flooring, flooring accessories and free sample services in birmingham